Two Countries – One Destination tourism project
Project period: 1.1.2020 – 30.9.2022
The main implementation by Business Tornio in cooperation with the City of Haparanda
Project Manager /Tornio: Eeva Skybäck
Project Manager / Haparanda: Jenna Laitinen
Marketing Manager: Noora Barria
- The main actions are communication, marketing, workshops, training, networking events
- The main target group is tourism entrepreneurs and actors in the destination
- The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Funded by: InterregNord, the Regional Council of Lapland, Team Botnia Ltd./BusinessTornio and Haparanda City
Follow us in facebook.
• Increasing the internationalization rate of the HaparandaTornio destination and the number of international tourists
• Increasing the turnover and future investments of tourism companies and tourism employment.
• Encourage and strengthen the cross-border cooperation between the companies in Sweden and Finland
• Creating joint and unique tourism product packages.
• Creating an operating model for the tourism development and marketing in the destination.
• Creating a common and new tourism image for the destination, which is marketed together.
• Establishing permanent cross-border networks and partnerships between the tourism actors.
• Developing the tourism-related infrastructure and land use in HaparandaTornio